The Marketing and Communication department at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is seeking to offer a full-time position to a talented English language native professional writer and editor to join XJTLU’s Content and Media team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about telling the stories that will help build XJTLU’s international reputation as a leader in learning, teaching and research and is committed to international engagement and promoting higher education. The incumbent will have impeccable professional skills in writing, editing, content development, story research, interviewing, fact-checking; s/he will also possess excellent coaching skills to help others develop their best writing abilities.
For full job description please click here
Bloomberg News is looking for an Asia consumer editor and hoping someone in the U.S. or Europe may want to find out what the fuss is all about in one of the most exciting regions in the world. We’ve got a great team of reporters who are super-engaged, and consumer is one of the most fun and visible beats. We do a good mix of breaking news and fun enterprise that gets published in Businessweek. The position is ideally in Beijing or Shanghai, but we’re open to other Asian hubs too.
Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung is one of the leading daily newspapers in Germany. Our Shanghai Bureau is looking for a Chinese assistant.
You will work closely with our China correspondent, support him in gathering news from Chinese websites, social media and newspapers on a daily basis, pitching original stories, conduct research, translate, arrange and take interviews. You will also be required to help with administrative work such as paying bills and filling claims. The job requires constant travel across China. The work language will be English.
The successful candidate should be an independent new Chinese with critical thinking. You are someone who knows your own country well, not only from what is told, but also from what you see and read from various sources. You don’t take for granted of everything going on in today’s society, but will reflect on them.
It is crucial that you are good at communicating with people from all walks of life, and are able to approach potential sources with ease. And used to working to tight deadlines.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Channel NewsAsia is seeking a full-time cameraman for its Shanghai Bureau. We’re looking for someone who has an strong interest in breaking news and issues concerning China and East Asia. He or she should have at least ONE year of working experience as a full-time cameraman or video journalist out in the field with a professional news outlet. He or she should also be capable of operating and filming in HD on a P2 camera independently, and be well-versed in editing on Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro. Ability to read and converse in basic English would be an advantage. Experience in operating a camera for a ‘live’ breaking news event with reporters would be an added bonus. He or she should also be technically savvy and is able to trouble-shoot equipment issues on the ground. This is an ideal position for someone who’s looking to work in a fast-paced news environment with plenty of opportunities to travel within China and East Asia. He or she should have proven ability in operating in difficult situations, work under pressure, and at times long irregular hours, public holidays and weekends. Organised, disciplined and a self-starter, the person should possess initiative and a keen eye to observe and capture important news images and visuals. He or she must also have a strong passion for telling compelling stories using moving visuals. Freelancers are also welcome to apply. Interested candidates have to provide at least 3 work samples showcasing their filming and editing skills.
– Operate HD cameras for breaking news, television and online features
– Carry out basic audio recording independently
– Edit sequences, TV packages using Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro and send via FTP using broadband
– Operate LiveU
– Archive and organise all filmed footage
– Maintain a neat work space, and keep all equipment in order
Please send CVs, showreel to email@example.com
Reuters Breakingviews, the financial commentary division of Reuters, is seeking a columnist to lead its agenda-setting coverage of Chinese business, finance and economics. This is an opportunity to tackle some of the most important, yet often misunderstood, topics in global finance. The position can be located in Beijing or Shanghai. For more details, and link to the application, click here:
Investigative Journalist/ Editor
Permanent Part-time (3 days per week)
Working out of SOHO 3Q, Xintiandi
The Intellectual Property Group is a leading innovator in the field of anti-counterfeiting and brand protection services. We provide our clients (some of the biggest brand names in the world) with a range of online to offline solutions. In addition our legal research and consultancy work, we are also a technology company, having developed a suite of unique web applications and analytical database tools specifically for the IP Industry.
You will receive a fixed monthly income (depending on skills/ value add for our company). A 24/7 open desk will be provided for you at SOHO 3Q, Xintiandi – Shanghai’s premium coworking space. You will be required to work a minimum of 3 days per week. The other 4 days you will have free access and use of the SOHO desk and facilities.
1. Authorship of a Bi-Weekly e-Newsletter which includes latest industry related news and analysis – See this link for example of the newsletter style (http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=e518635a7d3bc77195a87bb87&id=1d75cf8fcb&e=c100118e99
) Note that our newsletter’s analysis will be more data and visualization focused with analyst comments and context placed on the issue of IPR, IP Protection, counterfeit goods, and e-commerce. Obviously, with one editor, there will also be less content. For another example of the style, see the Panjiva Daily newsletter (subscribe at panjiva.com
2. Editing. Writing of Internal Reports
Mostly incident and summary reports of investigative and research cases that our company is working on, and must provide to our corporate clients. The task will include fact-checking with internal staff, and additional online research to support the arguments and “well-roundedness” of the reports.
3. Some editing and quality control and Clean in our internal Case Management application which contains all progress updates for our clients.
- Ability to work/write fast and adhere to Pareto’s (The 80/20) rule
- Ability to dive deep into the issues
- Ability to write compelling narratives
- Ability to gather/ interpret big data and statistics
- Highly analytical
- Highly proficient in internet research, Microsoft office, online tools
- Exp. in Investigative journalism
- Some graphic design ability (such as infographics and charts) is advantageous
- Some computer programming/coding skills are advantageous
- Marketing/ copywriting ability is advantageous
- Native level English is required
- Chinese language advantageous, but not essential
- Must be serious about good grammar and the facts
- Must be able to deliver according to deadlines and assume responsibility for deadlines/ do overtime if required.
- Some experience/ understanding of IP (Intellectual Property and IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) / Brand Protection is high advantageous.
The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai (GCC Shanghai) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Shandong, Henan and Hubei. As part of the world-wide German Chamber network, the mission of the GCC Shanghai is to promote economic ties between the Federal Republic of Germany and the People’s Republic of China with a special focus on its geographical area. With about 1600 member companies, the GCC Shanghai provides a forum for its members and advocates member interests with relevant organizations. The GCC Shanghai, together with the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce and the German Industry & Commerce are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion abroad.
To strengthen our team from mid-March or earlier, we are looking for a
Junior Editor / Editor
- Support the Chamber Team in all editorial areas and in the production of key Chamber publications including the bi-monthly China-wide business magazine German Chamber Ticker and Annual Report.
- Responsibility for the Chamber’s Benefit Program, including partner outreach, database upkeep and the production of the annual Benefit Partner brochure.
- Generating story ideas, conducting research and interviews and writing articles, cooperating with clients and external contributors, as well as copyediting and proofreading all content of the German Chamber Ticker
- Composing or compiling content for and editing other marketing and sales collateral, including material for special events
- Managing development, distribution, and maintenance of other print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures and business reports
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Chamber’s communications strategy
- Implementing and expanding the Chamber’s social media strategy to raise the Chamber’s profile and market its activities
- Carrying out other general communications and marketing tasks that may arise
- Actively tending to the needs of our clients, partners and members at Chamber events in Shanghai and its neighboring provinces as well as supporting the team on ad-hoc projects
- Native English speaker
- German and/or Chinese language skills an advantage
- Bachelor degree or higher (preferred majors: journalism, media/PR, marketing/communications, international business, English)
- Strong command of the written word and an interest in current affairs and China business issues as they relate to German business
- Cultural sensitivity and eagerness to work in an international environment
- Solid MS Office skills a must; knowledge of design software (InCopy, InDesign, PhotoShop) a plus
What we expect from you:
- Goal-oriented mindset with excellent communication and customer service skills
- Able to work in a high-stress environment with strict deadlines
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Responsible and reliable with the ability to work independently
Please submit your application in English per email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SHP+ (shpplus.com) is an online bilingual (English/Chinese) magazine that focuses on China’s advertising and advertising production industry.
SHP+ is currently seeking freelance Writers and Journalists to produce content for its upcoming magazine about China’s advertising industry. The ideal candidate(s) will be paid per article.
- Work closely with SHP+ editors to brainstorm ideas and topics weekly
- Finish assigned writing tasks in a timely manner
- Interview industry people and/or pay visits to commercial shooting sets
- Clean, straightforward and concise writing style
- Writing/ journalistic experience, especially in Marketing or Advertisement Production fields a plus
- Quick, efficient writer with good time management
- A good team worker
- Both native English and Chinese speakers are welcome
- Part time or full time work available
- Salary paid per article for full time or commensurate with experience for full time
Please send cv and cover letter to email@example.com