Job Title: Television News Assistant
The French Television iTELE CANAL+ is looking for an experienced, energetic and highly motivated mandarin-speaking news assistant for a full time position in its Shanghai office.
The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate high standards of journalism and a keen interest in working with a foreign news crew and traveling often. The applicants should be Chinese, fluent in Mandarin and either English or French. He/she must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, occasionally with little or no warning (i.e. breaking news). A proven track record of production in television news is a strong advantage.
• Identify and research stories from various news sources, i.e., newswires, newspapers and magazines.
• Pitch story ideas during weekly meeting.
• Assist the journalists for the preparation of the shoot : casting people & making interview appointment.
• Field produce : element gathering & coordination.
• Maintain contacts for on-going & future stories.