Managing Editor position available at GBI Health, a healthcare information company with a content department that puts out a magazine, weekly analysis and news briefs for a few market sectors in China and Latin America. The full resume is attached. Any interested parties can contact me,email@example.com .
GBI Health, a Shanghai-based global healthcare information company, is seeking a full-time Managing Editor and Head of Content Strategy to join the content team in the Shanghai office. GBI is the partner of choice for key decision makers in multinational/Fortune 500 corporations for actionable information in the Chinese and Latin American healthcare markets across a broad spectrum of sectors. Our unparalleled suite of information products includes newswires covering Chinese and Latin American healthcare (with a focus on pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices and government policy), as well as a weekly newsletter and a monthly magazine for the Chinese market. Salary is competitive and commensurate with candidate experience and skill set. Candidates should be prepared to oversee editorial direction, write monthly feature articles on trends and events in Chinese healthcare, plan and execute expansion into new markets, build an understanding of market and customer needs for content in all formats, and other responsibilities that relate to delivering timely, high-quality news to our ever-growing list of global clients.
Primary responsibilities will include:
– Curating and overseeing news brief translations in English for daily newswires; will work closely with in-house Chinese/Portuguese/Spanish translators, English editors and healthcare analysts
– Write/research and/or collaborate on feature articles for monthly magazine covering Chinese sector. Topics cover a wide range of issues, including policy & regulatory analysis, therapeutic area overviews, market access, company strategy, M&A/JV trends in the medical sector, etc; Write/oversee production of weekly summary of major news stories from China for email newsletter, using in-house news brief database
– Plan and develop content that meets market needs, is superior to competing content, and increases product market share; Drive expansion of GBI content products, be it into new markets or through new distribution channels (tablet compatibility, mobile app, etc.)
– Manage team of translators, editors and designers to ensure timely delivery of all products
– Contact with stakeholders and participation in events to maintain a current knowledge contact with industry trends and developments
– Prior experience editing/writing in journalism or related field
– Pharma/healthcare industry experience and/or knowledge strongly preferred
– Management experience highly preferred
– Strong research skills
– Written/spoken Chinese language skills a plus
– Bachelor’s degree or higher
– A desire to be a part of a rapidly growing entity with a unique position in the modern information economy