Grace Publishing is looking for a Content Officer in Shanghai.
The Content Offer requires a combination of a marketing and publishing mindset, with the most important aspect being the ability to think with a “customer/reader” in mind first. Key responsibilities include editing to ensure all content created is on-brand: Consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all
channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person.
Responsibilities also include mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term.
Education & Experience Required:
1. Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
2. Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
1. Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the Chinese language; fluent in English.
2. Has a “nose” for a story. Experience in telling a story using words, images, video or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience (it is critical that the Content Officer retains an “outsider’s perspective” much like that of a journalist.)
3. Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics. Crisis communications experience a plus.
4. Has the ability to lead and inspire writers and content creators to achieve editorial goals.
5. The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
6. Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time content creation.
7. A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about) and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach. Social DNA a plus!
8. Ability to establish workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
9. Ability to present with great persuasion (Visio, PowerPoint).
10. Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns. Ability to work in a 24 hour project cycle-utilizing teams or contractors in other countries.
11. Familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data).
12. Fluency in web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Flurry. A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
13. Excellent negotiator and mediator.
1. Experience in the fashion and entertainment editorial a plus.
Please send your CV, cover letter and any relevant portfolio work to: