The American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai is seeking experienced writers and editors to enhance its communications team.
The Communications and Publications team is responsible for the publishing, public relations and corporate communications activities of the Chamber including: media relations, advocacy, publications both online and in print, briefing materials, and preparation of communication plans and publicity materials.
The Senior Associate Editor will assist the Director, Communications and Publications in all areas of communications, taking primary responsibility for writing and editing content for the website and the magazine, in both Chinese and English. The Senior Associate editor will be the primary creator of Chinese language content for the Chamber’s publications, as well as taking responsibility for managing external communications in Chinese via social media and third party publications.
- Write and edit stories in Chinese for internal and external publications
- Research and write stories in English for publication in the Chamber’s internal publications both in print and on the web
- Assist with management of workflow for Chamber publications
- Lead the promotion of the Chamber’s online content via Chinese social media
- Edit Chinese language copy for Chamber reports and publications as needed
- Any other duties as directed by the Director of Communications & Publications
- A minimum of three years experience in writing, editing or publishing at the professional level
- Native speaker of Chinese with advanced English skills is essential
- A demonstrable knowledge of or interest in business issues or economics
- Strong existing profiles on major social media networks
- The ability to manage publishing workflows would be helpful
- University degree in journalism, communications or a related field
- Experience using content management platforms would also be helpful
To apply, please send a current CV to junling.cui(at)amcham.shanghai.org.
Applicants must submit URLs for published works in order to qualify