Palgrave Macmillan is looking for two motivated editors to manage the growing Social Sciences and Finance, Business and Management lists. The editor will be responsible for acquiring and publishing a program of research monographs, professional texts and handbooks for the scholarly and professional markets.
- Seek out new authors and book ideas: actively research ideas, topics, and people for potential books and book series.
- Evaluate manuscripts to determine publishability, audience, and market; offer editorial feedback.
- Negotiate the acquisition/contract process with author.
- Serve as a project manager for each book project, coordinating delivery date, manuscript formatting, production workflows, and author management.
- Attend academic conferences and conduct campus visits to meet new authors and promote Palgrave’s brand.
- Liaise with sales, marketing, and publicity.
- Oversee an editorial assistant to ensure high-quality list management.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in both English and Mandarin
- In-depth knowledge/experience of the academic / educational market and publishing
- Keen proofreading skills
- Familiarity with basic Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in an editorial acquisition capacity and/or in an academic publishing environment
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently
- Significant experience in an editorial, sales or marketing role in a books or journals publisher
- Educated to BA or equivalent
Please apply via the link and include your CV, cover letter and salary expectations: email@example.com