Blue Hive is seeking an experienced Proofreader with a meticulous eye for perfection in the English language to join its team of content creators.
A major global automaker operates a unique content creation operation in Shanghai serving diverse markets across the Asia Pacific region and around the world.
In 2016, the industry will rely more than ever on creating high-quality, shareable content to win media attention and drive social and digital conversations, helping to sustain sales across the region and drive interest in the automaker’s vehicle line up.
To continue building a dynamic, responsive content creation machine, the agency needs to broaden its capacity to create content that wins earned media and stands out in the social and digital sphere.
The successful applicant for Proofreader will have at least five years’ experience as a sub-editor or professional proofreader, and be able to spot dangling participles, Oxford commas, split infinitives and other grammatical gremlins, and edit to AP style guidelines. Additional copywriting skills and the ability to contribute stunning headlines and dazzling copy will be to your advantage.
The right candidate will join a team of content creators working on videos, magazines and press releases for a multinational brand. The position is based inside a 4A advertising agency in Shanghai as a part of the WPP group.
Preference will be given to candidates with some Chinese language skills, and experience working within an agency, though the core skill for the role is a passionate and polished mastery of the written English language.
– Proofread to perfection all press releases, pitch documents, subtitles and video supers
– Work closely within a team and take ultimate responsibility for all written words generated by a busy department of 18+ content creators
– Ability not only to edit to AP style guidelines, but to adapt to the demands of different projects, be they for corporate communications, internal communications, consumer-facing content or social media posts
– Regular signing off of and finalizing an employee magazine
– Additional creative input and idea generation, working with the team to ensure written output is both polished and ideally suited to its audience
– Five-plus years’ experience as a professional proofreader
– Experience working in a busy environment making multiple rounds of changes to press releases or printed magazines
– Native English speaker with mastery of the English language
– Experience working in a client-driven environment
– Knowledge of the automotive sector, or a passion for cars would be a definite plus
How to apply
Please contact: email@example.com.