Channel NewsAsia is looking for a News Assistant based in Shanghai. He/She will assist the correspondent in gathering news from Chinese websites, social media and newspapers on a daily basis, conduct research, and make phone-calls to contacts for interview requests. The person will also be required to help with administrative work such as paying bills, filing claims, press registration and filming logistics. He/She should also be prepared to travel from time-to-time, when the occasion calls for an assistant producer to be present, during major news events within China. This is a great entry-level position for anyone keen to embark on a career in TV and digital journalism.
– Strong interest in news, social and economic trends in China
– Native Chinese speaker, very fluent in spoken and written English
– Fast and independent worker, takes initiative
– Organised and well-versed in Word, Excel
– Background in financial news will be a plus
– Some experience in camera work and video editing will be a plus
About Channel Newsasia
Headquartered in Singapore, Channel NewsAsia is a terrestrial English TV news channel that reaches out to over 600 million viewers in the Asia Pacific. With almost around 20 regionally-based correspondents our news coverage has a strong Asia-focus. Channel NewsAsia is operated by MediaCorp Pte Ltd, a media conglomerate owned by Temasek Holdings.
Please send all CVs in English firstname.lastname@example.org.