The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai (GCC Shanghai) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Shandong, Henan and Hubei. As part of the world-wide German Chamber network, the mission of the GCC Shanghai is to promote economic ties between the Federal Republic of Germany and the People’s Republic of China with a special focus on its geographical area. With about 1600 member companies, the GCC Shanghai provides a forum for its members and advocates member interests with relevant organizations. The GCC Shanghai, together with the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce and the German Industry & Commerce are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion abroad.
To strengthen our team from mid-March or earlier, we are looking for a
Junior Editor / Editor
- Support the Chamber Team in all editorial areas and in the production of key Chamber publications including the bi-monthly China-wide business magazine German Chamber Ticker and Annual Report.
- Responsibility for the Chamber’s Benefit Program, including partner outreach, database upkeep and the production of the annual Benefit Partner brochure.
- Generating story ideas, conducting research and interviews and writing articles, cooperating with clients and external contributors, as well as copyediting and proofreading all content of the German Chamber Ticker
- Composing or compiling content for and editing other marketing and sales collateral, including material for special events
- Managing development, distribution, and maintenance of other print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures and business reports
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Chamber’s communications strategy
- Implementing and expanding the Chamber’s social media strategy to raise the Chamber’s profile and market its activities
- Carrying out other general communications and marketing tasks that may arise
- Actively tending to the needs of our clients, partners and members at Chamber events in Shanghai and its neighboring provinces as well as supporting the team on ad-hoc projects
- Native English speaker
- German and/or Chinese language skills an advantage
- Bachelor degree or higher (preferred majors: journalism, media/PR, marketing/communications, international business, English)
- Strong command of the written word and an interest in current affairs and China business issues as they relate to German business
- Cultural sensitivity and eagerness to work in an international environment
- Solid MS Office skills a must; knowledge of design software (InCopy, InDesign, PhotoShop) a plus
What we expect from you:
- Goal-oriented mindset with excellent communication and customer service skills
- Able to work in a high-stress environment with strict deadlines
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Responsible and reliable with the ability to work independently
Please submit your application in English per email to: firstname.lastname@example.org