Position: AUTOMOTIVE REPORTER/PRODUCER
A major global automaker’s regional content operation for Asia Pacific, based in Shanghai, is expanding. We play a central role in helping the company tell its story to a wide variety of audiences through news and topical content consumed through multiple platforms, including digital, print and television media outlets as well as social media channels. We are looking for people with a background in journalism, editorial content and media production who are passionate about telling innovative stories.
At the very heart of our Content Factory is storytelling our brand, its people, products and services. This results from developing distinctive, creative stories that are highly relevant for a mass audience of consumers throughout the Asia Pacific region. We are looking for a brand journalist to bring us these skills. The role requires a mix of strong reporting skills, the ability to cultivate relationships with internal experts and a strong awareness of the media landscape in Asia. A keen interest in cars and transportation issues is helpful.
Our ideal candidate should possess:
- Excellent English writing skills (native)
- Journalistic training and experience is essential (print, digital or broadcast)
- Proven ability to tell stories in interesting and innovative ways and to recognize what
makes a good news story
- Voracious appetite for the news and strong awareness of the Asian media landscape
- Energetic reporting skills to develop stories and cultivate expert sources, and strong
curiosity to explore, propose and pursue story ideas
- Ability to deal with a broad array of stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate well with other content production disciplines
- Familiarity with editorial operations is helpful
- Flexibility to respond to unanticipated demands/opportunities
- Familiarity with the automotive marketplace and mobility is preferred but not required.
Contact: Eric Olander, firstname.lastname@example.org