Position: AUTOMOTIVE REPORTER/PRODUCER
A major global automaker’s regional content operation for Asia Pacific, based in Shanghai, is expanding. We play a central role in helping the company tell its story to a wide variety of audiences through news and topical content consumed through multiple platforms, including digital, print and television media outlets as well as social media channels. We are looking for people with a background in journalism, editorial content and media production who are passionate about telling innovative stories.
At the very heart of our Content Factory is storytelling our brand, its people, products and services. This results from developing distinctive, creative stories that are highly relevant for a mass audience of consumers throughout the Asia Pacific region. We are looking for a brand journalist to bring us these skills. The role requires a mix of strong reporting skills, the ability to cultivate relationships with internal experts and a strong awareness of the media landscape in Asia. A keen interest in cars and transportation issues is helpful.
Our ideal candidate should possess:
- Excellent English writing skills (native)
- Journalistic training and experience is essential (print, digital or broadcast)
- Proven ability to tell stories in interesting and innovative ways and to recognize what
makes a good news story
- Voracious appetite for the news and strong awareness of the Asian media landscape
- Energetic reporting skills to develop stories and cultivate expert sources, and strong
curiosity to explore, propose and pursue story ideas
- Ability to deal with a broad array of stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate well with other content production disciplines
- Familiarity with editorial operations is helpful
- Flexibility to respond to unanticipated demands/opportunities
- Familiarity with the automotive marketplace and mobility is preferred but not required.
Contact: Eric Olander, email@example.com
This role is created to be an important member of the APAC internal communications team, with the purpose to capture and highlight business dynamics and existing passion of co-workers in the region, thus contributing to the Company’s transformation journey by elevating the OHI and realizing the ambition of being the “Employer of Choice”. The daily tasks of this role include, but not limited to writing/editing/polishing news stories, feature articles, presentations, as well as conducting TV interviews and related production etc. He/she will be a member of the APAC/Global internal communication network and will lead the editorial board in news-desk planning and execution.
Ideal candidate will need to have strong journalistic skills, being able to identify, develop and promote internal news in a timely and interesting manner. The individual will be working in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment with heavy focus on interaction amongst various departments and individuals within the Company.
The Marketing and Communication department at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is seeking to offer a full-time position to a talented English language native professional writer and editor to join XJTLU’s Content and Media team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about telling the stories that will help build XJTLU’s international reputation as a leader in learning, teaching and research and is committed to international engagement and promoting higher education. The incumbent will have impeccable professional skills in writing, editing, content development, story research, interviewing, fact-checking; s/he will also possess excellent coaching skills to help others develop their best writing abilities.
For full job description please click here
Bloomberg News is looking for an Asia consumer editor and hoping someone in the U.S. or Europe may want to find out what the fuss is all about in one of the most exciting regions in the world. We’ve got a great team of reporters who are super-engaged, and consumer is one of the most fun and visible beats. We do a good mix of breaking news and fun enterprise that gets published in Businessweek. The position is ideally in Beijing or Shanghai, but we’re open to other Asian hubs too.
Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung is one of the leading daily newspapers in Germany. Our Shanghai Bureau is looking for a Chinese assistant.
You will work closely with our China correspondent, support him in gathering news from Chinese websites, social media and newspapers on a daily basis, pitching original stories, conduct research, translate, arrange and take interviews. You will also be required to help with administrative work such as paying bills and filling claims. The job requires constant travel across China. The work language will be English.
The successful candidate should be an independent new Chinese with critical thinking. You are someone who knows your own country well, not only from what is told, but also from what you see and read from various sources. You don’t take for granted of everything going on in today’s society, but will reflect on them.
It is crucial that you are good at communicating with people from all walks of life, and are able to approach potential sources with ease. And used to working to tight deadlines.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Channel NewsAsia is seeking a full-time cameraman for its Shanghai Bureau. We’re looking for someone who has an strong interest in breaking news and issues concerning China and East Asia. He or she should have at least ONE year of working experience as a full-time cameraman or video journalist out in the field with a professional news outlet. He or she should also be capable of operating and filming in HD on a P2 camera independently, and be well-versed in editing on Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro. Ability to read and converse in basic English would be an advantage. Experience in operating a camera for a ‘live’ breaking news event with reporters would be an added bonus. He or she should also be technically savvy and is able to trouble-shoot equipment issues on the ground. This is an ideal position for someone who’s looking to work in a fast-paced news environment with plenty of opportunities to travel within China and East Asia. He or she should have proven ability in operating in difficult situations, work under pressure, and at times long irregular hours, public holidays and weekends. Organised, disciplined and a self-starter, the person should possess initiative and a keen eye to observe and capture important news images and visuals. He or she must also have a strong passion for telling compelling stories using moving visuals. Freelancers are also welcome to apply. Interested candidates have to provide at least 3 work samples showcasing their filming and editing skills.
– Operate HD cameras for breaking news, television and online features
– Carry out basic audio recording independently
– Edit sequences, TV packages using Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro and send via FTP using broadband
– Operate LiveU
– Archive and organise all filmed footage
– Maintain a neat work space, and keep all equipment in order
Please send CVs, showreel to email@example.com
Reuters Breakingviews, the financial commentary division of Reuters, is seeking a columnist to lead its agenda-setting coverage of Chinese business, finance and economics. This is an opportunity to tackle some of the most important, yet often misunderstood, topics in global finance. The position can be located in Beijing or Shanghai. For more details, and link to the application, click here:
Investigative Journalist/ Editor
Permanent Part-time (3 days per week)
Working out of SOHO 3Q, Xintiandi
The Intellectual Property Group is a leading innovator in the field of anti-counterfeiting and brand protection services. We provide our clients (some of the biggest brand names in the world) with a range of online to offline solutions. In addition our legal research and consultancy work, we are also a technology company, having developed a suite of unique web applications and analytical database tools specifically for the IP Industry.
You will receive a fixed monthly income (depending on skills/ value add for our company). A 24/7 open desk will be provided for you at SOHO 3Q, Xintiandi – Shanghai’s premium coworking space. You will be required to work a minimum of 3 days per week. The other 4 days you will have free access and use of the SOHO desk and facilities.
1. Authorship of a Bi-Weekly e-Newsletter which includes latest industry related news and analysis – See this link for example of the newsletter style (http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=e518635a7d3bc77195a87bb87&id=1d75cf8fcb&e=c100118e99
) Note that our newsletter’s analysis will be more data and visualization focused with analyst comments and context placed on the issue of IPR, IP Protection, counterfeit goods, and e-commerce. Obviously, with one editor, there will also be less content. For another example of the style, see the Panjiva Daily newsletter (subscribe at panjiva.com
2. Editing. Writing of Internal Reports
Mostly incident and summary reports of investigative and research cases that our company is working on, and must provide to our corporate clients. The task will include fact-checking with internal staff, and additional online research to support the arguments and “well-roundedness” of the reports.
3. Some editing and quality control and Clean in our internal Case Management application which contains all progress updates for our clients.
- Ability to work/write fast and adhere to Pareto’s (The 80/20) rule
- Ability to dive deep into the issues
- Ability to write compelling narratives
- Ability to gather/ interpret big data and statistics
- Highly analytical
- Highly proficient in internet research, Microsoft office, online tools
- Exp. in Investigative journalism
- Some graphic design ability (such as infographics and charts) is advantageous
- Some computer programming/coding skills are advantageous
- Marketing/ copywriting ability is advantageous
- Native level English is required
- Chinese language advantageous, but not essential
- Must be serious about good grammar and the facts
- Must be able to deliver according to deadlines and assume responsibility for deadlines/ do overtime if required.
- Some experience/ understanding of IP (Intellectual Property and IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) / Brand Protection is high advantageous.