Bloomberg News is looking for an Asia consumer editor and hoping someone in the U.S. or Europe may want to find out what the fuss is all about in one of the most exciting regions in the world. We’ve got a great team of reporters who are super-engaged, and consumer is one of the most fun and visible beats. We do a good mix of breaking news and fun enterprise that gets published in Businessweek. The position is ideally in Beijing or Shanghai, but we’re open to other Asian hubs too.
Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung is one of the leading daily newspapers in Germany. Our Shanghai Bureau is looking for a Chinese assistant.
You will work closely with our China correspondent, support him in gathering news from Chinese websites, social media and newspapers on a daily basis, pitching original stories, conduct research, translate, arrange and take interviews. You will also be required to help with administrative work such as paying bills and filling claims. The job requires constant travel across China. The work language will be English.
The successful candidate should be an independent new Chinese with critical thinking. You are someone who knows your own country well, not only from what is told, but also from what you see and read from various sources. You don’t take for granted of everything going on in today’s society, but will reflect on them.
It is crucial that you are good at communicating with people from all walks of life, and are able to approach potential sources with ease. And used to working to tight deadlines.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Channel NewsAsia is seeking a full-time cameraman for its Shanghai Bureau. We’re looking for someone who has an strong interest in breaking news and issues concerning China and East Asia. He or she should have at least ONE year of working experience as a full-time cameraman or video journalist out in the field with a professional news outlet. He or she should also be capable of operating and filming in HD on a P2 camera independently, and be well-versed in editing on Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro. Ability to read and converse in basic English would be an advantage. Experience in operating a camera for a ‘live’ breaking news event with reporters would be an added bonus. He or she should also be technically savvy and is able to trouble-shoot equipment issues on the ground. This is an ideal position for someone who’s looking to work in a fast-paced news environment with plenty of opportunities to travel within China and East Asia. He or she should have proven ability in operating in difficult situations, work under pressure, and at times long irregular hours, public holidays and weekends. Organised, disciplined and a self-starter, the person should possess initiative and a keen eye to observe and capture important news images and visuals. He or she must also have a strong passion for telling compelling stories using moving visuals. Freelancers are also welcome to apply. Interested candidates have to provide at least 3 work samples showcasing their filming and editing skills.
– Operate HD cameras for breaking news, television and online features
– Carry out basic audio recording independently
– Edit sequences, TV packages using Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro and send via FTP using broadband
– Operate LiveU
– Archive and organise all filmed footage
– Maintain a neat work space, and keep all equipment in order
Please send CVs, showreel to email@example.com
Dear FCC Members:
Reuters Breakingviews, the financial commentary division of Reuters, is seeking a columnist to lead its agenda-setting coverage of Chinese business, finance and economics. This is an opportunity to tackle some of the most important, yet often misunderstood, topics in global finance. The position can be located in Beijing or Shanghai. For more details, and link to the application, click here:
- Ability to work/write fast and adhere to Pareto’s (The 80/20) rule
- Ability to dive deep into the issues
- Ability to write compelling narratives
- Ability to gather/ interpret big data and statistics
- Highly analytical
- Highly proficient in internet research, Microsoft office, online tools
- Exp. in Investigative journalism
- Some graphic design ability (such as infographics and charts) is advantageous
- Some computer programming/coding skills are advantageous
- Marketing/ copywriting ability is advantageous
- Native level English is required
- Chinese language advantageous, but not essential
- Must be serious about good grammar and the facts
- Must be able to deliver according to deadlines and assume responsibility for deadlines/ do overtime if required.
- Some experience/ understanding of IP (Intellectual Property and IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) / Brand Protection is high advantageous.
The German Chamber of Commerce in China | Shanghai (GCC Shanghai) is the representative organization for German companies in Shanghai and the provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Shandong, Henan and Hubei. As part of the world-wide German Chamber network, the mission of the GCC Shanghai is to promote economic ties between the Federal Republic of Germany and the People’s Republic of China with a special focus on its geographical area. With about 1600 member companies, the GCC Shanghai provides a forum for its members and advocates member interests with relevant organizations. The GCC Shanghai, together with the Delegation of German Industry & Commerce and the German Industry & Commerce are the overall platform for Sino-German trade and industry promotion abroad.
To strengthen our team from mid-March or earlier, we are looking for a
Junior Editor / Editor
- Support the Chamber Team in all editorial areas and in the production of key Chamber publications including the bi-monthly China-wide business magazine German Chamber Ticker and Annual Report.
- Responsibility for the Chamber’s Benefit Program, including partner outreach, database upkeep and the production of the annual Benefit Partner brochure.
- Generating story ideas, conducting research and interviews and writing articles, cooperating with clients and external contributors, as well as copyediting and proofreading all content of the German Chamber Ticker
- Composing or compiling content for and editing other marketing and sales collateral, including material for special events
- Managing development, distribution, and maintenance of other print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures and business reports
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Chamber’s communications strategy
- Implementing and expanding the Chamber’s social media strategy to raise the Chamber’s profile and market its activities
- Carrying out other general communications and marketing tasks that may arise
- Actively tending to the needs of our clients, partners and members at Chamber events in Shanghai and its neighboring provinces as well as supporting the team on ad-hoc projects
- Native English speaker
- German and/or Chinese language skills an advantage
- Bachelor degree or higher (preferred majors: journalism, media/PR, marketing/communications, international business, English)
- Strong command of the written word and an interest in current affairs and China business issues as they relate to German business
- Cultural sensitivity and eagerness to work in an international environment
- Solid MS Office skills a must; knowledge of design software (InCopy, InDesign, PhotoShop) a plus
What we expect from you:
- Goal-oriented mindset with excellent communication and customer service skills
- Able to work in a high-stress environment with strict deadlines
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Responsible and reliable with the ability to work independently
Please submit your application in English per email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SHP+ (shpplus.com) is an online bilingual (English/Chinese) magazine that focuses on China’s advertising and advertising production industry.
SHP+ is currently seeking freelance Writers and Journalists to produce content for its upcoming magazine about China’s advertising industry. The ideal candidate(s) will be paid per article.
- Work closely with SHP+ editors to brainstorm ideas and topics weekly
- Finish assigned writing tasks in a timely manner
- Interview industry people and/or pay visits to commercial shooting sets
- Clean, straightforward and concise writing style
- Writing/ journalistic experience, especially in Marketing or Advertisement Production fields a plus
- Quick, efficient writer with good time management
- A good team worker
- Both native English and Chinese speakers are welcome
- Part time or full time work available
- Salary paid per article for full time or commensurate with experience for full time
Please send cv and cover letter to email@example.com
Pinebase is a Chinese Overseas Investment Platform, started by former principals with Experience from Blackstone, Morgan Stanley, Evercore, Bloomberg and Reuters. The position is based in New York. We are looking for fully Chinese fluent full-time, part-time and freelance help to help write articles and manage our social media platform and campaigns. We are looking for resourceful, creative, no ego, no drama candidates. We are just as open minded to citizen journalists, bloggers, journalism grads and academics. We are open to sponsoring H1-Bs but you will have to be able to work on a probationary period to justify the effort and cost. Our wechat official page is Pinebase so you can see our prelaunch articles.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or to my we chat address is lesbaquiran
The global news agency Agence France-Presse (AFP) is expanding its China operations and seeks an English-language Sports/Lifestyle Correspondent, to be based in Shanghai.
The correspondent will plan and write sports news and multimedia features from across China, and produce lifestyle pieces in areas including music, cinema, celebrity, food and drink, Internet and mobile technology, with a focus on how advances in those fields are changing the way we live.
The role also includes daily coverage and breaking sports news, such as filing match reports from a wide variety of sports — including football, tennis, golf and Formula One — to tight deadlines.
He /she will look behind the sporting and lifestyle headlines with features, profiles and interviews that give insight into trends and the men and women that matter in everything from Shaolin kungfu to soccer and from baijiu to Baidu. It will involve some travel around China.
The correspondent will work closely with AFP’s Shanghai-based photo and video staff, as well as the Beijing bureau, and video shooting and editing skills will be a plus.
This is an opportunity for a versatile journalist with strong sporting knowledge and a range of sources and contacts, who wants to develop their own story ideas for a global audience. Every day AFP’s words and images reach millions of readers and viewers via thousands of print, online and broadcast clients around the world.
Native-level English speaker with the ability to speak and read Chinese required.
Candidate should have at least 5 years of solid journalism experience.
Compensation package commensurate with abilities and experience.
Please apply to email@example.com