The American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai is seeking experienced writers and editors to enhance its communications team.
The Communications and Publications team is responsible for the publishing, public relations and corporate communications activities of the Chamber including: media relations, advocacy, publications both online and in print, briefing materials, and preparation of communication plans and publicity materials.
The Content Manager will assist the Director, Communications and Publications in all areas of communications, taking primary responsibility for managing and editing the content of the website in particular for the writing and editing of content for the website, assisting with social media and online marketing of the Chamber’s content, and managing of publicity materials as required by the department.
- Manage website editorial content, including writing, curation and editing of stories
- Ensure effective SEO for web content
- Write articles advocating AmCham positions for placement in English language publications
- Assist with editing of other publications when needed
- Assist with maintaining quality standards for editorial and design
- Promote Chamber publications and other content via social media and online marketing
- Any other projects and tasks as directed by the Director, Communications and Publications
- A minimum of two years editorial experience, preferably in online business journalism
- Experience with SEO and social media is preferred
- Solid research skills and a knowledge of China business issues is preferred
- Native English ability and competence in Chinese would be a plus
- Proven ability to coordinate projects, work under deadlines and juggle multiple tasks
- A university degree in, communications, journalism or relevant discipline
To apply, please send a current CV to junling.cui(at)amcham.shanghai.org.
Applicants must submit URLs for published works in order to qualify