Job Title: Television News Assistant – Interpreter
The French Television iTELE CANAL+ is looking for an experienced, energetic and highly motivated mandarin-speaking news assistant for a full time position in its Shanghai office beginning July 1st 2015.
The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate high standards of journalism and a keen interest in working with a foreign news crew and traveling often. The applicants should be Chinese, fluent in Mandarin and either English or French. Proven ability to multitask, take initiative. He/she must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, occasionally with little or no warning (i.e. breaking news), occasional work on week-ends and evenings; some travel possible.
A proven track record of production in television news is a strong advantage.
• Identify and research stories from various news sources, i.e., newswires, newspapers and magazines.
• Pitch story ideas during weekly meeting.
• Research on-going and breaking news stories.
• Assist the journalists for the preparation of the shoot : (interview requests and pre-interviews, crewing arrangements, flights, hotels when necessary)
• Field produce : element gathering & coordination.
• Translation of interviews, both in the field and at the office.
• Maintain contacts for on-going & future stories.
Please send resume and a letter of application to:
Marjolaine Grappe / Bureau Chief marjolaine.grappe (at) gmail.com