Investigative Journalist/ Editor
Permanent Part-time (3 days per week)
Working out of SOHO 3Q, Xintiandi
The Intellectual Property Group is a leading innovator in the field of anti-counterfeiting and brand protection services. We provide our clients (some of the biggest brand names in the world) with a range of online to offline solutions. In addition our legal research and consultancy work, we are also a technology company, having developed a suite of unique web applications and analytical database tools specifically for the IP Industry.
You will receive a fixed monthly income (depending on skills/ value add for our company). A 24/7 open desk will be provided for you at SOHO 3Q, Xintiandi – Shanghai’s premium coworking space. You will be required to work a minimum of 3 days per week. The other 4 days you will have free access and use of the SOHO desk and facilities.
1. Authorship of a Bi-Weekly e-Newsletter which includes latest industry related news and analysis – See this link for example of the newsletter style (http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=e518635a7d3bc77195a87bb87&id=1d75cf8fcb&e=c100118e99) Note that our newsletter’s analysis will be more data and visualization focused with analyst comments and context placed on the issue of IPR, IP Protection, counterfeit goods, and e-commerce. Obviously, with one editor, there will also be less content. For another example of the style, see the Panjiva Daily newsletter (subscribe at panjiva.com)
2. Editing. Writing of Internal Reports
Mostly incident and summary reports of investigative and research cases that our company is working on, and must provide to our corporate clients. The task will include fact-checking with internal staff, and additional online research to support the arguments and “well-roundedness” of the reports.
3. Some editing and quality control and Clean in our internal Case Management application which contains all progress updates for our clients.
- Ability to work/write fast and adhere to Pareto’s (The 80/20) rule
- Ability to dive deep into the issues
- Ability to write compelling narratives
- Ability to gather/ interpret big data and statistics
- Highly analytical
- Highly proficient in internet research, Microsoft office, online tools
- Exp. in Investigative journalism
- Some graphic design ability (such as infographics and charts) is advantageous
- Some computer programming/coding skills are advantageous
- Marketing/ copywriting ability is advantageous
- Native level English is required
- Chinese language advantageous, but not essential
- Must be serious about good grammar and the facts
- Must be able to deliver according to deadlines and assume responsibility for deadlines/ do overtime if required.
- Some experience/ understanding of IP (Intellectual Property and IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) / Brand Protection is high advantageous.
Candidates should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com