The Communications Director will set and guide the strategy for all, marketing, digital communications and public affairs strategies. The Communications Director will be responsible for planning and managing all communications messaging and activities, and building external relationships with NYU Shanghai’s stakeholders. The Director will work partner with senior colleagues within the organization on a variety of strategic initiatives and collaterals to support NYU Shanghai’s mission.
•The Director will plan, implement and lead a global, integrated communications strategy for NYU Shanghai that presents a consistent, compelling, and accurate account of the people and programs of the university to relevant audiences in the China, United States and around the world. The content of communications will include written and spoken text, video, and other forms. The channels of communications will include live and remote presentations to live audiences, the NYU Shanghai web site, traditional media, social media, and other forms.
•Supervise an effective public affairs team of
approximately 10 professionals in Shanghai, comprising both native Chinese and native English speakers, with the capacity to execute the strategy in a consistent, unified, effective manner.
•Maintain effective administrative systems to ensure that accurate and attractive content is captured, developed, and presented consistently and efficiently using channels that will have maximum impact for each unit of time and money invested (often by presenting the same content through multiple channels).
•Work with colleagues in New York to ensure that NYU Shanghai’s messages harmonize with and advance NYU’s overall communications strategy about its distinctive qualities starting with its global network, and to create new opportunities to tell NYU Shanghai’s story in New York and with key influencers across the United States.
•The Director will serve as the spokesperson for the university.
Day to day responsibilities• Supervises all university communications accounts and activities; assure the meeting of departmental financial goals; and, maintains and develops staff.
• Supports leadership communications
• Oversees the development and execution of public affairs, marketing, digital communications, social media and other communications strategies and programs to increase the visibility of the people and programs of the university.
• Work with faculty to implement outreach strategies in support of their respective academic activities.
• Supervises the writing of and edits press releases, articles, fact sheets, and backgrounders; cultivates media relationships; monitors responses to media requests, press conferences, media lunches and interviews, and special events.
• Responsible for overseeing the development of presentations, reports, and fact sheets in support of leadership communications as well as the outreach activities of the university’s various administrative offices.
• Responsible for ensuring “client satisfaction”.
• Willingly take on other assignments from communications perspective that will assist NYU Shanghai in realizing its mission
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field/experience required
• Demonstrated experience in Public Affairs, Marketing, Communications or related field, within both Chinese and American environment.
• Previous experience with higher education sector orin an academic setting is desirable
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent integrated marketing project management skills
• Ability to be detail oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills in order to develop priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with various co-workers
• Ability to work under pressure
Please go to: https://shanghai.nyu.edu/about/work/full-time-positions for position details and submit your online application.
For more information please visit our website: shanghai.nyu.edu