Xinhua News Agency is seeking a native English speaker to fill a position of copy & social media editor in the International News Department due to the retirement of a senior employee.
Applicants with a background in journalism are preferred. Qualified candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package. Xinhua will also offer a certain amount of relocation fee for overseas applicants if recruited.
The job opening is based in Beijing, where the headquarters of Xinhua are located. The agency has 31 branches in the Chinese mainland and bureaus in the Hong Kong and Macao special administrative regions. It also has more than 180 bureaus around the world and seven regional editorial offices.
1. Native English-language speakers;
2. Holding at least a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Journalism, English, Political Science, International Studies or other majors, with at least two years of work experience, also preferably in Journalism, the English language, Political Science, etc. Experience in well-known media or network is preferred;
3. Good health, able to work overtime and under deadline pressure;
4. Knowledge of word processing, computers and the Internet. A good knowledge of China and China’s relations with other big powers would be viewed favorably.
1. Ensure quality, professional journalistic writing;
2. Work closely with Chinese editors and reporters and give suggestions;
3. Rewrite news headlines, edit content and check facts;
4. Provide training to Chinese colleagues on writing news in foreign languages.
If you are interested in our posting as mentioned above, please email your applications to: email@example.com, with the subject “Application for copy and social media editor”. Thank you!